The Weslaco Area Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of initiatives to allow you to engage with local professionals all while learning about relevant business related issues and growing your professional network. Stop by and join us!
Ribbon Cutting and Groundbreaking ceremonies are a service for members of the Weslaco Chamber to celebrate new members, new locations, new additions to the establishment, and grand openings. Ribbon cutting and ground breaking ceremonies must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance. Call 956-968-2102 to schedule your event.
Candidate Forums are held for local elections. Questions are formulated for the business community and by the business community to focus on the issues that directly affect Chamber members and businesses in general. The candidate forum is held at the Business Visitor & Event Center conference room.
Business Expo & Job Fairs are held for bi-annually, to support employment in Weslaco and across the Mid-Valley area.
The Speed Networking Luncheon is a fun way to make new contacts in a timed format. This event takes places four times a year from 11:30 am to 1 pm at the Business Visitor and Event Center, 275 S. Kansas. This event is free for members and $20 for non-members.
Business Seminars (Lunch and Learn) are designed to train businesses in the areas of human resources, customer service, marketing, finance, computer software, and more. Call the Weslaco Chamber for a seminar schedule, or if your member business would be interested in presenting a relevant topic.
Business After Hours Mixers are a great way to unwind after work and get to know new contacts in a relaxed environment. These events typically take place from 5:30PM-7PM and are hosted at the sponsoring business. These events are free to members. If you are a chamber member interested in hosting an event at your business, contact the chamber!
Ambassador Program, Chamber Champions "Red Coats", are a highly visible group of dedicated volunteers who serve as representatives of the Chamber in the community. These individuals have a vested interest in the success and growth of the community. Serving as an ambassador is an avenue to achieve high level involvement with the Chamber and community at large! Members attend the Chamber Champions gatherings as well as any upcoming events such as Ribbon Cuttings, Ground breaking ceremonies, mixers and more! Check out our Ambassador page!
Leadership Mid Valley is an eight-month program which seeks to identify and motivate emerging leaders and develop their potential for community leadership by exposing them to the realities, opportunities and problems of the community.
Youth Ambassador Program, The Chamber has created a program aimed at giving students an insight into their local community through various events and community service programs. Students will gain valuable experiences that will help them in their future careers!
Chamber Annual Fundraiser, annual celebration and fundraiser for chamber youth initiatives.
Texas Onion Fest is an annual festival that celebrates the development of the sweet Texas Onion, which took place in Weslaco. Enjoy food vendors, live entertainment, cooking demonstrations, dancing horses, kiddie rides, a car show and more!
Chamber Award Program
Each year the chamber recognizes and celebrates the achievements of member companies and community leaders through a series of awards programs including, Lifetime Achievement, Man/Woman of the Year and Business of the Year! Awards presented at Chamber annual luncheon.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated exceptional business achievement and outstanding commitment to Weslaco’s business community over a sustained period of time.
- Man or Woman of the Year: This award represents recognition for one who unselfishly, and without need of personal gain, gives freely of their time and efforts to worthy causes in the community. The value of the contribution and service must not be as a result of political ties such as an elected official or one who is currently in a political race.
- Business of the Year: This award represents recognition for one business that unselfishly gives freely of their time and efforts to worthy causes in the community.
- Ambassador of the Year: The Chamber Champions "Red Coats", are a highly visible group of dedicated volunteers who serve as representatives of the Chamber in the community. These individuals have a vested interest in the success and growth of the community. Serving as an ambassador is an avenue to achieve high level involvement with the Chamber and community at large! This award represents recognition for a chamber Ambassador, who volunteers their time and continually support the growth and success of the community .
- Spotlight Awards:
- Rising Star: The Rising Star award recognizes a business that has been in operation no less than 1 year, that has demonstrated strong potential via growth, innovation, and leadership. Additionally, the business has demonstrated a culture of risk-taking and trailblazing and has positioned itself to achieve success in the future.
- Unsung Hero: The Unsung Hero Award goes to an individual or group who has gone above and beyond the call of duty. This person(s) has done extra special things for their community, and those in need. This can be in relation to life saving, education, health and welfare, community involvement and betterment.
- Educator of the Year: The Educator of the year award demonstrates support and appreciation to the employees of our community schools. The purpose is to recognize educators who are providing outstanding education for their respective students. Recipients of this award must have made significant contributions toward innovative, unique and novel programs that are serving to improve and promote education. Criteria includes, Professional practice, Community Engagement, Leadership in Professional Development, and Attention to Diversity.